Saturday, July 18, 2015

Oishii (おいしい)

Some of the best memories I have are of my time in Japan and some of the best food I have ever had was also in Japan.
I was in Japan for a few months at the start of 2010 and travelled around most of the country going to Tokyo, Nagoya, Ise, Osaka, Yamaguchi, Himeji, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Nara.

I had some amazing food while I was out there, from ramen to gyoza, sukiyaki to fugu fish and some of the best pastries and cakes I have ever had.


 


My two favourite dishes were ramen and sukiyaki. For the life of me I have not been able to find Sukiyaki anywhere in London but luckily I have found an amazing ramen place, which not only does fantastic ramen but also other great Japanese dishes.

The food here is seriously tasty or as they say in Japanese Oishii meaning nice, tasty and delicious.

Introducing

Bento Ramen
29-31 Parkway
London
NW1 7PN

I have been here a fair few times now but I recently took my friends and family to celebrate my cousin’s birthday. We got a bunch of great meals including my favourite, gyoza ramen which is chicken dumplings and noodles with miso broth.

We also got Black peppercorn beef tonkotsu ramen

Seafood wonton & honey roasted pork ramen

Mixed Dim Sum Platter

Fried vegetable gyoza (5pcs)

Future Shock (tofu tossed with peppercorn salt and chilli)

Vegetarian yaki udon

BBQ beef & chicken katsu don set


BBQ beef curry don (served with rice)


So get yourself down to Camden and check it out! It is one that is too Oishii to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment